Welcome to the METHOD LIGHTS Website (the “Website”). Your use of use. No right, title or interest in any Material is transferred or granted to you as a result of such downloading. Permission to reprint or reproduce any document or image form this Website in whole or part for any reason except for personal, non-commercial use is prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from METHOD LIGHTS. In the event METHOD LIGHTS believes you have failed to comply with any of the terms of this Website, you agree that METHOD LIGHTS has the right in its sole discretion and without notice, to restrict your access to the Website.
Our goal is to provide accurate and current information on this Website. Occasionally, there may be typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information at any time without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Links to other web sites
While visiting this Website, you may click on certain links which may take you into other Websites which are not maintained or controlled by METHOD LIGHTS. METHOD LIGHTS makes no representation whatsoever about any other Website links and therefore disclaims responsibility for the content of such other Websites. Your access to these other Websites is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to determine when you have left this Website.
METHOD LIGHTS shall not be responsible for errors or omissions contained in this Website. All of the Material on this Website is provided “AS-IS”, and all express or implied conditions, representations or warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement are disclaimed except to the extent that such disclaimers are held to be legally invalid. In no event shall METHOD LIGHTS be liable of any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, consequential or any other damages related or believed to be related to the use of this Website or other sites linked to the Website. In the event some states do not allow the limitation of liability, this provision may not apply to you. METHOD LIGHTS reserves the right to make changes to this Website or the Material, including the merchandise offered by METHOD LIGHTS and the price of such merchandise, at any time without notice and without the obligation to update this Website or the Material.
All trademarks appearing on methodlights.com are trademarks of their respective owners.
US Minimum Advertised Price Policy
We at Method Lights recognize that our dealers invest a great deal time and resources to promote the sale of our products. To support our resellers’ efforts, Method Lights wishes to establish policies that allow resellers to earn reasonable profits necessary to maintain a high level of customer service.
To protect the investment of our dealers and Method Lights brand reputation, we have adopted a MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE POLICY (“MAP Policy”). Method Lights established this MAP Policy due to the fact that reseller advertising and sales practices that promote Method Lights products primarily on the basis of price could be detrimental to resellers’ service and support efforts and Method Lights competitive position.
Method Lights, in its unilateral discretion, will not do business with any reseller, as to the products covered by this MAP Policy, if that reseller intentionally advertises any MAP Product below its MAP price. We believe this program provides the best opportunity for all of our resellers and will strengthen our competitiveness.
Method Lights reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to change the price of any product at any time and to allow or disallow discounts and promotions on any product at any time. Please contact us for additional information regarding this policy.
Official Policy and Guidelines
Method Lights reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to take other action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy.
The MAP Policy will be enforced by Method Lights in its sole discretion.
- Method Lights recognizes that any authorized Method Lights account can make its own decisions to advertise and sell any Method Lights product at any price it chooses without consulting or advising Method Lights. Method Lights similarly has the right to make its own independent decision regarding product allocations and reseller participation as a member of the Method Lights Authorized Reseller Program – at any time.
- Method Lights will maintain an updated “MAP Products” list of those products that will fall under this MAP Policy. Currently the ML 100 Picture Light is the only MAP product offered by Method Lights however; we reserves the right to update or modify this list at any time.
- All Products listed will have a MAP retail price. Listing a price other than the MAP retail price next to the featured MAP Product in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisement of MAP Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Such website features as “Click for price”, automated “bounce – back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes “advertising” under this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which Method Lights determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, Method Lights may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Method Lights reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time Method Lights may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate, provided that (a) the advertisement include a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer’s rebate in the same type size and style; (b) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer’s rebate; and (c) the “*After manufacturer’s rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
- Where Method Lights products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products (whether or not manufactured by Method Lights), it shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to sell or advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) is lower than the total Minimum Advertised Price of the Method Lights product or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP Policy. It shall be a violation of this MAP Policy if products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes products not pre-approved by Method Lights. Pre-approved products have been tested and approved by Method Lights engineers to ensure the product is up to Method Lights standards. Ask your Method Lights sales representative for a list of approved products.
- Its shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to include in any advertising for Method Lights Products any additional discount, coupon, gift card, or incentive (whether in the form of a special event, promotion, term of doing business or otherwise) that translates into an immediate price reduction, where the cumulative effect would be to reduce the advertised price of any MAP Product below MAP..
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may ”call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Method Lights Products, so long as no price is listed.
- If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any particular store location, then Method Lights will consider this to be a violation by all of the reseller’s locations.
- Although resellers remain free to establish their own resale prices, Method Lights reserves the right to cancel all orders and indefinitely refuse to accept any new orders from any resellers following Method Lights ’s verification that such reseller has advertised any MAP Products at a net retail sales price less that the then-current MAP retail price established by Method Lights, or if reseller has violated this policy in any other way.
- Method Lights ’s sales representatives are NOT permitted to discuss this Policy or make any agreements or assurances with respect to Method Lights’s Policy regarding reseller advertising or pricing. This also includes any consumer program or promotion that affects Method Lights MAP Products.