[fusion_builder_container backgroundcolor=”” backgroundimage=”” backgroundrepeat=”no-repeat” backgroundposition=”left top” backgroundattachment=”scroll” video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” bordersize=”0px” bordercolor=”” borderstyle=”” paddingtop=”20px” paddingbottom=”20px” paddingleft=”0px” paddingright=”0px” menu_anchor=”” equal_height_columns=”no” hundred_percent=”no” class=”” id=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][fusion_text]
US Minimum Advertised Price Policy
We at Method Lights recognize that our dealers invest a great deal time and resources to promote the sale of our products. To support our resellers’ efforts, Method Lights wishes to establish policies that allow resellers to earn reasonable profits necessary to maintain a high level of customer service.
To protect the investment of our dealers and Method Lights brand reputation, we have adopted a MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE POLICY (“MAP Policy”). Method Lights established this MAP Policy due to the fact that reseller advertising and sales practices that promote Method Lights products primarily on the basis of price could be detrimental to resellers’ service and support efforts and Method Lights competitive position.
Method Lights, in its unilateral discretion, will not do business with any reseller, as to the products covered by this MAP Policy, if that reseller intentionally advertises any MAP Product below its MAP price. We believe this program provides the best opportunity for all of our resellers and will strengthen our competitiveness.
Official Policy and Guidelines
Method Lights reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to take other action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy.
The MAP Policy will be enforced by Method Lights in its sole discretion.
Method Lights recognizes that any authorized Method Lights account can make its own decisions to advertise and sell any Method Lights product at any price it chooses without consulting or advising Method Lights. Method Lights similarly has the right to make its own independent decision regarding product allocations and reseller participation as a member of the Method Lights Authorized Reseller Program – at any time.
- All Products listed will have a MAP retail price. Listing a price other than the MAP retail price next to the featured MAP Product in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisement of MAP Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Such website features as “Click for price”, automated “bounce – back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes “advertising” under this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which Method Lights determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, Method Lights may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Method Lights reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- From time to time Method Lights may offer a direct manufacturer’s rebate to customers. In such events, it shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise the availability of the manufacturer’s rebate, provided that (a) the advertisement include a MAP-compliant price, the rebate amount, and the net price after manufacturer’s rebate in the same type size and style; (b) an asterisk is placed next to the net price after manufacturer’s rebate; and (c) the “*After manufacturer’s rebate” appears in the same area of the advertisement as the advertised product.
- Where Method Lights products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products (whether or not manufactured by Method Lights), it shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to sell or advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) is lower than the total Minimum Advertised Price of the Method Lights product or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP Policy. It shall be a violation of this MAP Policy if products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes products not pre-approved by Method Lights. Pre-approved products have been tested and approved by Method Lights engineers to ensure the product is up to Method Lights standards. Ask your Method Lights sales representative for a list of approved products.
- Its shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to include in any advertising for Method Lights Products any additional discount, coupon, gift card, or incentive (whether in the form of a special event, promotion, term of doing business or otherwise) that translates into an immediate price reduction, where the cumulative effect would be to reduce the advertised price of any MAP Product below MAP..
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise that a customer may ”call for price” or “email for price”, or to use similar language, specifically with respect to Method Lights Products, so long as no price is listed.
- Resellers, for marketing purposes, may price a Method Lights product up to $0.05USD under the MAP pricing. As an example the MAP is $120.00 and the advertised price is $119.99 or $119.95. Any advertised price outside of this range is in violation of our MAP policy.
- If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any particular store location, then Method Lights will consider this to be a violation by all of the reseller’s locations.
- Although resellers remain free to establish their own resale prices, Method Lights reserves the right to cancel all orders and indefinitely refuse to accept any new orders from any resellers following Method Lights ’s verification that such reseller has advertised any MAP Products at a net retail sales price less that the then-current MAP retail price established by Method Lights, or if reseller has violated this policy in any other way.
- Method Lights ’s sales representatives are NOT permitted to discuss this Policy or make any agreements or assurances with respect to Method Lights’s Policy regarding reseller advertising or pricing. This also includes any consumer program or promotion that affects Method Lights MAP Products.